M&A and Restructuring – EDI
The London Chamber of Commerce and Industry Examinations Board (LCCI) has offered its examinations and qualifications for over 100 years.
Around 5,000 schools, colleges and universities are approved to deliver LCCI qualifications. Yet by 2002 the time had come for this educational charity to adopt a more conventional commercial structure for its activities, and end a period of underperformance. IDJ was engaged to sell the assets of the Examinations Board to a company with the resources and capabilities to maintain the great traditions of this venerable organization. We did so successfully, making use of an existing listed entity on the junior market, reducing costs to our client. The company became EDI and went on to achieve strong, profitable growth and an exit to Pearson with a significant return for shareholders.
Our principal deliverables were:
– Access to capital via a mixture of institutions and angel investors
– Due diligence on prospective purchase
– Fulfilment of all compliance issues relating to Public Company Takeover
– Turnaround and restructuring advisory
– Search and selection to strengthen Board